Especially for Harriet!



Cheeky kitty collaboration.
The incredibly talented Harriet Gray let me have a play at turning one of her gorgeous cat illustrations into an embroidery. Aren't I lucky! This pretty kitty didn't take me too long (although I wasn't exactly taking notice of time, I was enjoying it too much) and I thoroughly enjoyed the process. In hindsight, I guess, I would have liked to 'go all out' and embroider the whole face but that didn't suit my 'sketchy' style and I wanted to keep as much as possible of the drawn lines that Harriet had made. I'm so happy Harriet is pleased with the outcome and I've enjoyed this idea of collaborating - something I hope to continue playing with. I've certainly caught the bug and will embroider bigger subjects, like portraits etc, but stick with the vintage handkerchief as a basis to play on.
And all through the magic of Instagram and email. Brilliant!

@leighjennings
@_helloharriet

A few photos of the work in progress:







No comments:

Post a Comment