huh?!



OH MY GOSH.
I was receiving a lot of custom orders and emails after this piece sold and couldn't figure out why it was so popular. Then someone emailed and said 'after seeing your work all over Tumblr, I need this in my life'. This tumblr page posts pictures and links of goods they find on Etsy that they love. Turns out they added a link for this 'home is where them fuckers ain't' embroidery. Then, with the internet being a vortex, lots of people started re-blogging it, adding comments and emailing me. LOTS of people. The last I heard, my friend from Sweden had seen it on a friends page and even an app that posts funny photos and memes had posted my work too.
I can't quite get my head around this.
Obviously, with the majority of my embroideries being re-worked vintage items, no 2 pieces will ever be the same. However, customers seem to love that each piece I make will be totally unique to them, it just means that the person that bought this piece, now has the tumblr famous embroidery.
Incredible. I'm so overwhelmed, even more so with the fact that I made the sentence up on a whim after a few fallouts with people in my hometown and dreaming of moving back to Liverpool.
I love you guys, thank you a million times infinity for all your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment